Clickbooth does not allow the following elements on any claims relating to a dietary supplement, food, drug or device not involving weight loss:
- Any claim that is not
substantiated through at least one test, analysis, research report or
study that has been conducted and evaluated in an objective manner by
qualified persons and is generally accepted in the profession to yield
accurate and reliable results.
- All non-weight loss health claims not including the following disclosure clearly and prominently presented, in 12 pt font or 16 pixels, 4:5 contrast ratio, stating: "Representations regarding the efficacy and safety of [product name] have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products. These products are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. Click here [link out to material] to find evidence of a test, analysis, research, or study describing the benefits, performance or efficacy of [product or ingredient name] based on the expertise of relevant professionals."
- All non-weight loss health pages must provide a product label that can be easily viewed by consumers.
If your campaign is flagged, your landing page will be checked to ensure that it has documentation establishing that there is substantiation for the claims.
Ad: “Our skin lotion helps remove wrinkles”
Landing Page: The disclosure on the landing page has a link to an article specifically referencing the date, author and publisher of scientific studies which substantiate the claims.
Landing Page: The disclosure on the landing page has a link to an article written by a qualified person (such as a doctor or a scientist) generally describing scientific studies which substantiate the claims.
Landing Page: The disclosure on the landing page has a link to an article not written by a qualified person (such as a doctor or a scientist) and which does not specifically reference the date, author and publisher of scientific studies which substantiate the claims.
Landing Page: The disclosure on the landing page has a link to an article that does not demonstrate positive results.
What happens if I violate this policy?
• Ad denial: Ads that don't follow this policy may get denied. A denied ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
• Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with Clickbooth until the problem is fixed.
• Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.
Haven't found what you're looking for? Contact Support